Thursday 24 July 2014

The Reading Habits TAG

Today I thought I would do the reading habits TAG which I saw Hayley from Water painted Dreams do. I love to read and am going to start doing book reviews on here so I thought this TAG would ease me into the world of book blogging! I have so many books it's actually ridiculous, I had to buy a new bookcase to house my ever growing collection.


1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home? 
I always read in my bed.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmarks definitely! I have so many bookmarks and like to put them to good use.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
If I have a choice I will read to the end of a chapter otherwise I feel a bit lost when I pick the book up again and have to re-read the last page just to check I remember what happened. 

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?
No, I literally sit still in silence doing nothing but reading.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
No I don't but if I'm reading on the sofa and someone else is watching TV I don't mind that.

6. One book at a time or several at once?
I'm definitely a on book at a time kinda girl. The only time I will read more than one is if one is for school or if I'm really not getting into a book.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
I prefer reading at home, and that's where I normally do it, but I can read in other places too.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently! I hate reading aloud and feel like what I'm reading isn't processing if I read aloud. 

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I never read the end like some people do as I don't want to ruin the ending. I sometimes do skip pages if something is being dragged out for too long. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Definitely keeping it new. I know sometimes it's not possible but I hate broken spines. I'm the annoying person who tells people to try not to break the spine when I lend books to them!

11. Do you write in books?
No! When I had to write annotations in books for English I hated it, it felt like I was damaging the book and it made it look so un-neat. If I like a particular quote or have picked something out that is relevant to any of my subjects I will use post it arrows to keep track of where they are.

12. What are you currently reading?
I'm reading Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan which is the first book in the Skychasers trilogy. I'm almost finished it and think I will definitely be finished when this post goes live. Look out for a review in the next couple of weeks.

I tag anyone who reads this! 

Megan x

2 comments:

  1. I love a good book! Pretties/Uglies are a decent set of books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got onto Pretties yet but looking forward to reading it x

      Delete