Saturday 10 August 2013

5 Things To Do In England This Summer

I personally really enjoy spending my summer in England and love finding new places and new things to do in the country which I live in. Hopefully I will have ideas that suit every age range and location in the country. Sorry that this is about England and not the whole UK but I only have knowledge of England and Scotland.

1. Visit the New Forest. The New Forest is one of my favourite places to visit in England. I love that you can be driving along with pony's roaming free and cows wandering down the middle of the road. There are so many little villages to visit which have lovely tea rooms and gift shops.


2. Go to the theater or opera. During the summer a lot of west end shows tour the UK so they become more accessible for everyone. I have only been to the west end once to see the Wizard of Oz and loved it. Theaters also have productions of their own on so they are worth checking out to. The opera is also a good place to visit if you want a nice night out with family. The English National Opera have several productions on in London such as ballets and in October a new production, Madam Butterfly, is being shown. After watching some videos about it, it sounds like the perfect romantic production.

3. Go to the beach. My favourite beaches in England are Whitby/Scarborough and in Dorset. I love spending the day on the coast, not so much lying on the beach but walking down the pier and visiting independent shops and not to forget fish and chips at the end of the day.


4. Go to the Zoo or Safari Park. If you get nice weather, the zoo is a great place to spend the day with family. Some zoo's are a bit of a disappointment but my favourites are Knowsley Safari Park and Longleat. Also if you do happen to be in Scotland, Edinburgh zoo is the best zoo I have ever been to.

5. Spend the day in a city. Spending the day in a city is a great way to keep everyone happy. Whether it's shopping, sight seeing or going for afternoon tea, there will be enough to do. My favourite cities are Nottingham, Liverpool and Shrewsbury (is Shrewsbury a city?)

What are your favourite things to do during the summer?

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment