Monday 28 October 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips

As soon as I heard Baby Lips were in available to buy in the UK I was desperate to get my hands on some. They are so hyped up by everyone, they have been available in America for around 2 years so I have been long awaiting them to arrive here. Basically they are tinted lip balms. After looking in 2 Boots' and not being able to find the tinted ones I finally found them about a month ago. I know every blogger has written about these but I thought I would put my input in as well.


The 2 Baby Lips I chose to pick up were Cherry Me and Pink Punch. Cherry Me is a gorgeous red shade in the tube and it translates to a sort of raspberry colour on the lips and is also quite glossy. The scent of it is lovely too, its smells like those cherry jelly sweets and is a very artificial cherry smell. Once it's on the lips I personally can't smell it. I find this to be very nourishing and moisturising and now its one of my favourite lip products I own.

Pink Punch is a barbie pink shade in the tube and surprisingly it translates like this onto the lips. I wasn't expecting it to be that pigmented at all and it is the only lip product I have in this shade of pink as I don't tend to go for the light pinks. Although I am impressed with the pigmentation of Pink Punch I do find it a bit difficult to work with because it really highlights dry patches. The scent of this one is very sweet and fruity and I definitely prefer this scent of the two.


The tinted lip balms don't contain SPF like the non tinted ones do but I don't see it as a massive problem although it would be nice if they did. The only thing I really dislike about the Baby Lips is that the packaging is so cheap feeling and really flimsy. Overall though I do think that these are worth the hype and I would definitely buy more tinted ones if they bring them out in different colours. I don't think that these would be ideal if you wanted a lip balm to repair lips but as an everyday lip balm these are amazing especially as you get the colour pay off too. At only £2.99 I would definitely recommend these especially as they have replaced my nivea lip balm that I used to use on a daily basis. 

Have you tried the Baby Lips?

Megan xx





No comments:

Post a Comment