Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Bakes #1 Cupcakes

Baking is something I love to do and end up baking something most weekends. I have decided to start a new series called Sunday Bakes (sorry deciding on names isn't my strong point!). Anyway in the past when I have done baking posts they have gone down quite well so thought this series would quite nice to have on my blog. Hopefully there will be a post every Sunday but some weekends I do just bake the same things as before so there is obviously no point in posting the same recipe twice!


This weekend I made some cupcakes, very basic and very yummy! I also used the duo piping bag from Lakeland for the first time and think it went quite well. Anyway onto the foody bit.

To make 12 cupcakes you will need.......
4oz of caster/granulated sugar
4oz of margarine/butter (I use Stork)
4oz of self raising flour
2 medium eggs
Vanilla essence

1. Pre-heat your oven to around 180 degrees and sort your cupcake cases out into the muffin tin (or not if your using a silicone muffin tin). 
2. Mix the margarine and sugar together until it becomes very pale and fluffy. (I use a hand whisk) 
3. Add the vanilla essence and eggs and mix again until everything is combined.
4. Fold the flour into the mixture until it is combined but don't over work it.
5. Separate into the cupcake cases and bake for around 20 minutes or until they are golden and the sponge springs back when you touch them. I always skewer them to check if they are done as well, just to make sure.




See, making the cakes is so simple and doesn't take long at all.

I love to pipe buttercream onto my cupcakes. I normally just use a plastic piping tube thing but today I tried the Lakeland duo piping bag. To make my buttercream I use 6oz of icing sugar and 3oz of stork. This amount just about covers 12 cakes however make as much as you need using the 2:1 ratio. I also used red food colouring to colour half of the butter cream pink so that I could use the duo piping bag.

Will you be trying these out? Don't forget to let me know what you think of baking posts.

Megan xx





4 comments:

  1. They look yummy! I could've done with this post when we had our Macmillan Coffee Morning! Haha love it :) xx

    thriftyskies | beauty and trends ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very yummy! How did your coffee morning go? xx

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of Sunday Bakes, since The Great British Bake off has been back on all i want to do is go back into the kitchen. Good idea of the first post being cupcakes, can't go wrong with them!

    P.xx
    greywalls94.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete