Friday 8 August 2014

What I'm Doing #2


I know I only did a what I'm doing post a couple of weeks ago but since I last updated you on my life a lot has happened. I mentioned in my last update that I was attending a summer school at Nottingham University and that finished on Friday 25th July. As much as I was enjoying it by the end, I was quite happy to be coming home. I have a whole post on that ready to go live if anyone would be interested in reading about my experience?

On the day after I got home, I turned facebook on when I had just woken up and there was a job advert for a local cafe type thing (it's not a proper cafe but lets just say it is). I messaged the owner on facebook and an hour later I was stood in the cafe working. It was a fast process to say the least. I have been working pretty much full time since I started but the extra money is obviously nice. The only disadvantage is that it is a seasonal cafe so come October I will no longer have a job :( I am still looking for a permanent job so hopefully I will hit luck soon.

On a blogging note I reached 250 followers on Bloglovin on Monday!!! Thank you to everyone who reads and follows my blog! I am planning a giveaway but just need to buy a few things before I can post it. I also wrote a post for Click Fragrance about Revlon Lip Butters which can be found here. I'd love to know your thoughts on the post.  

I've also been meeting up with friends a lot this week. It mainly just involves sitting on the floor in Derby, going to McDonalds numerous times each night and being talked to by strange people. It's fun, I promise! I'm excited for next week, there are 2 parties planned for my friends birthday and hopefully a full on shopping trip is on the cards. It's also results day on Thursday but I'm trying not to think about that!

I think that's everything for now but I'd love to know what you've been up to over the past couple of weeks.

Megan x




12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your job and getting to 250 Bloglovin followers :)

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds busy! Congratulations on getting 250 Bloglovin followers, also, you can't beat a good meetup with friends in Mcdonalds! haha

    Jess www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! True, the only bad thing is the amount of weight I will have put on by the end of summer! x

      Delete
  3. I love more personal posts! Well done om 250 BL followers too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love reading personal posts too x

      Delete
  4. Aww congratulations on reaching 250 followers doll - and on your new job, even if it's not for long it's still something :D
    Keep enjoying yourself, McDonalds and all, it's fab to see friends :)
    Holly Mixtures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation on the job, sounds like such a cozy job. Also congratualtion on reaching 250 bloglovin followers :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I want a job at a small cafe! I have a full time job but the extra money could really help to pay the bills.. by the way, love that photo :D I can't drink coffee because of my anxiety attacks, but I sure love smelling them and looking at photos :)

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a massive coffee drinker but love the smell of it too! Its worth asking in cafe's as the don't always tend to advertise x

      Delete