Saturday 30 June 2012

Soap and Glory fab pore facial peel


I'm not normally a big one for face masks, they normally dry out my skin, make me blotchy and leave me with no results. This one is different though. I was always intrigued by it but the words 'facial peel' always put me off. I though it would be full of chemicals and that it would dry my skin out even more than others, however this isn't the case.



Unlike most face masks this doesn't dry on the skin, when you take it off it is exactly the same consistency as when you put it on. I use it by rubbing a small grape sized amount onto my face for about a minute until all the beads have popped and then leave it on for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes I took it off with a muslin cloth although I have also tried with a face cloth/flannel and found this to be a better way to remove it. When I took it off, my face was a bit sensitive but after loading on the moisturiser it was fine. 



Although the product looks very creamy, its actually pretty solid in the pot which I was quite impressed by as I didn't need as much as I thought so therefore it will last longer. 
I have been applying this 2-3 times a week and have found it works straight away. The first time I used it at night and when I woke up the next morning I was covered in spots.
The smell is a bit weird and not something you would relate to relaxing or spas but it isn't bad enough to put me off the product.


If you have sensitive skin then this product might not be the best for you as it does tingle a bit when it is first applied.


The Soap and Glory Fab Pore Facial Peel is £8 from Boots! When I finish mine I will defiantly be repurchasing.


Megan xxx


PS. What do you think of my new picture background?

1 comment:

  1. Hi great review, I was looking at this product in Boots the other day, don't you think 2-3 a week is too often for a peeling cream? I thought it was more of a once a week thing? not sure, i probably give it a try. thanks x

    ReplyDelete